Saturday, January 26, 2019

Lookin' Good, Feelin' Good.

I hear it all the time: You look good. Really good.
And I respond with: Thank you. I feel great. Really great.

That's usually where I change the subject, because I get a little self-conscious. But in reality? I should keep talking. I should say that the reason I look so good and I feel so good is because God is so good. 
Because He cares for me. 
Because He strengthens me and encourages me. 
Because He gives me peace on the inside when the storm rages outside.
Because He shows me how to find joy when I feel like I'm drowning in sorrow.
Because He lavishes his love on me, through family and friends who love me well.
Because He gives me wisdom and guidance as I listen to my doctors and sort through all the information out there.

Because God is so so good, I can look good and feel good.

So next time you see me, and you think I'm looking good, and I tell you I'm feeling good, now you know - it's not me, it's all God's doing!

No comments:

Post a Comment