Wednesday, February 26, 2020

You Are Faithful

Songs are one of the ways that I get through life without going crazy or spiraling into the depths of sadness or discouragement.

Sometimes, a song will come on the radio at the exact moment, and I know God sees me where I'm at and meets me there. (I've got a great story about that, but not today. Sorry, you'll have to wait for that one!)

Other times, we'll sing a song at church that just MOVES me, and it sticks in my head for days.

And then occasionally, I'll just stumble onto a new song "randomly" and it is exactly what I need in that moment. I say "randomly" because I know that this type of thing is never actually random.

So one day, I'd heard a song on the radio - I can't remember what it was, but it was about God's faithfulness, and I needed to hear it again, to really let it soak into my bones. I love doing that with a new song - just put it on repeat and hear all of the words and phrases and meanings within the song. The funny thing is, some seasons I'll hear one meaning, and then listen to the song months later and it means something else to me.

Anyway, I was looking up a particular song, and in searching for it, I came across this one. I listened and listened and just let it pour over me and soak in. It's simple, really, but beautiful in both melody and truth.

Enjoy!



No comments:

Post a Comment